Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Review of Heidi Montag's 2nd Clothing Line "Heidiwood"

It sucks....LOL....OK OK I'll expand on that.



I'm not Heidi Montag fan. I don't watch the show "The Hills" that she is on and I only know her name because all the gossip and fashion blogs talk about her. So this morning when I was watching The View on TV (yep I'm one of those people who watches The View) and she was on I knew who she was but didn't care. As I was about to mute the TV they said she would be showing pieces from her Heidiwood line. Curious about another celebrity clothing line I decided not to mute the TV just yet.



Well the preview of Heidiwood began on The View stage and just as I suspected it sucked. It looked unoriginal, boring, trashy and cheap. In the silhouettes, there was nothing new or creative. The colors were mostly black and dark grey with one bubble gum pink shirt and one teal blue shirt thrown in. In the choice of length for the dresses, skirt and shirts you got short or short. And in looking at pictures of the clothing close up the fabric looked cheap and unfinished. It reminded me of the clothing they use to carry in G&G or Joyce Leslie when I was younger (Any of you out there who remember those stores?...LOL). This line is the disposable underwear version of clothing. You would wear it once, and I'm hoping whoever does it will do it only on Halloween, and then throw it away. As further proof of my opinion check these outfits out called "Heart Breaker" and "Signature Required":











And I wasn't the only one who thought so. New York Magazine describes the line as "It was bad. So bad.......The stuff was the complete opposite of flattering." Stylelist said about the line "Her second collection is out now, and it's just as trashtastic as the first!....Truly, it looks like any broke, generic college girl's wardrobe.". ThinkFashion said this about the clothing line: "The clothes are terrible. Heidi’s line is a combo of trashed-up stripperwear and beachy-blah t’s and minis – a strange mix, but nothing we don’t see every Saturday when we hit the Old Navy then follow up with a lap dance at the local strip bar." I couldn't agree more.



My favorite line to describe the celebuline was from ThinkFashion. They wrote "but from a style standpoint, Heidiwood skankwear is not coming within
10 feet of our precious closet space…unless, of course, we’re seeking a
career change.
" I have to concur with WHOLE HEARTEDLY.....And just to reassure you all I'm not changing careers ;)



If after all this wonderful praise you still want to check the celebuline out for yourself: Click Here.





Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: