Monday, September 22, 2008

Emmy 2008 Fashions - My favs - Part 1

So this year I watched the Emmys not just the before & after shows...lol But I gotta admit my favorite part is still the before Red Carpet arrival of the stars on E! TV. Anyone else with me on that?

Well in case you didn't get a chance to watch the Before Emmy show or the Actual Emmys show here is my review of my favorite part of the show ;)

TREND RECAP
I have to say that last year there was a bit more diversity in dreses. This year there was alot of BEADING and neutrals. By neutrals I mean black, white, white with black and beige. I disliked all the ruffles on gowns this year. I saw them on the Fall 08 runway as well but I like how they were executed on the Runway better. They were less frilly and girly and more structured and fresh looking.

The variety this year came in more women than usual wearing lengths other than LONG. And the Men got into variety this year too. More Men than usual wore colored ties and non-black jackets. Guess the men have overcome their color blindness ;)


My Favorite Dresses on the Ladies for the Emmys 2008:

The Dresses were so fabulous this year that I can't pick just one favorite :/ I know that is a cop out but it is true. I loved loved these dresses:

1) Nicollette Sheridan's sleek strapless gown by Angel Sanchez in purple. I LOVED the folds and pleats in the dark purple fabric. She was like a bright explination point at the end of the E! TV show saying to the stars this is how you do color bitches...lol



2) Olivia Wilde's beige satin and chiffon Reem Acra gown with sleeves made of several rows of beads. It was flowy and romantic. She really was a shimmering vision.



3) Christina Applegate's light blue one shouldered gold jacquard Reem Acra gown. Her dress reminded me of an Indian sari in the materials and the silhouette. I loved her hair and her jewelry as well. Her Earrings were divine. Her whole look was divine and not just for a woman recovering from breast cancer. Some Good Morning America equated her look at the Emmys with Grace Kelly and I have to agree with them.



4) My last favorite gown is one that was not discussed much in anyone's favorite dress selection in the fashion reviews today. It is Kate Walsh's black tiered beaded gown by Zuhair Murad. She looked like a tall elegant Art Deco statue that was ccompleted by her deco accessories.



Each of these gown were ALL in a tie for my affections. If I could have ANY of these dresses, I would be in heaven.

Coming in SECOND place was:

Sandra Oh's intricate black lace Oscar de la Renta dress. I have always liked her choices. She has a unique style that she always brings to the Red Carpet. I adored the slightly messy upswept hair, simple jewlery & makeup that she chose to supplement this dress.




Thirdly I liked Vanessa Williams' black and white floral Kevan Hall gown with subtle ruching and jeweled asymmetrical strap. This strap and the subtle pink color that occurred on this dress, just below the knee to the hem of the dress, both added interest to the dress and made it unique in it's use of embellishment, pattern and color. Her simple hair, jewelry and makeup were a frame that enhance the artwork of her dress.





My Favorite Non-Long Dresses on the Ladies for the Emmys 2008:



My favorite in this category was America Ferrera's vintage strapless ruched bubbled mid-calf hem dress (That was a mouthful. Say that five times fast). It was just FABULOUS!! The dress was enhanced by her Veronica Lake wavy hair, Black Lace pumps and Fred Leighton Jewelry. There was NOTHING about this look I didn't like.




Secondly I liked Lisa Edelstein's white strapless dress with black embroidery on the skirt and black lace underskirt. I was classic and crisp. It looked like something Lucille Ball would have worn out with Ricky...lol But she kept it in the 21st century with new bobbed haircut and black platform pumps.




SPECIAL MENTION

Special mention should be given to Brooke Shields' fuchsia strapless beaded bodice gown with long ruffle train, Tina Fey eggplant David Miester mermaid dress that looked like she couldn't breath but what is a little air when you can look that beautiful ;) and Christina Hendricks' dark green grecian gown with hair and shoes to match (which I feel got little notice by fashion reviewers).







Yikes that was a lot....but I'll be back with My favorite Men and my not so favorite looks.


*Please note that most pictures were taken from Teamsugar and Getty. Thanks guys.






Technorati Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: