Sunday, May 18, 2008

Friends, Romans, Countrywomen & Sex and The City lovers lend me your Ears

Gladiator sandals are everywhere these days. On Celebrities, in the Fashion Mags and even in Blogs ;) To be honest I really haven't liked this type of shoe. I thought it cut a woman's leg off, disturbing the line from her shin to her foot. For those of us 5'4" and under, that could make us look even shorter. I also didn't like all the straps over the foot. I thought it looked too busy and distracting. Take for example Sarah Jessica Parker's feet in the promo picture from the Wedding scene in the "Sex and the City" movie coming out at the end of May 2008.




I just hate those shoes with the Wedding Dress!! I like funky and unusual. And as some of you might know, I have a deep love and respect for Particia Fields (If you don't know, you can read about it here). But these shoes with this dress DO NOT work for me :-& .

Having said all those negative things about Gladiator shoes, I came upon a few yesterday on Piperlime.com that I really like. They aren't too strappy across the top of the foot and I think they cut the disturbance of your leg line to a minimum.




Bettye Muller Baccarat regular price $420.00 sale price $335.50



DV by Dolce Vita Carnival-30 $65.00



Nine West Rossinis $79.00


Via Spiga Undo $165.00


I'm seriously considering getting one of these pair of Gladiator sandals. Since sandals are all I wear these days, I at least like to get ones that are fashionable.






PS If you plan on visiting my eBay store, take note that I will be posting a bunch of new Shoes by Friday May 23. Stay tuned :)



Technorati Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments: