Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Emmy 2007 Fashions - My favs and my not so favs

Ok so I'll admit it, I didn't watch the Emmys. I watched the before and after shows on E! TV to see who wore what and who won. I know not good but I was busy watching The 4400 & the Dead Zone on the USA Network.

In any case here is my review of my favorite part of the show ;)

My Favorite Dresses on the Ladies for the Emmys 2007:



Heidi Klum in Dior
I love the color and her hair and the jewlery and the slit in the dress. It all works for me.



Marcia Cross in Georges Chakra
Marcia is one of the rare people with this coloring that can get away with a dress of this color. I think it is the striking balance of her pale skin and red hair that does it for me. I like the neckline if the dress as well with the deep V and sheerness. I LOVe the chance she took with the turquoise earrings. It worked for me.



Rebecca Gayheart in Carlos Miele
I like the unusualness of the dress, the neckline especially. The color was very nice on her as well. And usually I don't like matching accessories but the matching clutch bag works for me.



Teri Hatcher in Badgley Mischka
What more can I say? I LOVE Badgley Mischka and I LOVE Pink. She looked stunnning in this dress.



Katherine Heigl in Zac Posen
Again another what can I say? This dress is classic and beautiful. Zac Posen is one of those newish designers who just knows how to dress a woman.




Sarah Chalke in Monique Lhuillier
I LOVE Monique Lhuillier!. My favorite part of this dress is the back. The whole dress is unusual with the ruffles down the front but then she turns around and you see the back and it is like wowza! Sexy without being overtly so.


The Gentelman's Outfits that I liked:



Denis Leary
I really like the silver tie with the single breasted black tux.



Neil Patrick Harris (with partner David Burtka) in a Prada suit
I know many do not like black on black but I like this look on Neil. It maybe the bit of shine on the collar of the jacket and the waistband of the pants. Of course having a cute BF next to him doesn't hurt ;)



Eric Dane (with his Wife Rebecca Gayheart )
Eric just looks classic. James Bond like. The small bowtie and the slight salt and pepper hair all work for me. Again having a beautiful partner next to him doesn't hurt.

Who together make one of my favorite couple of the nite. My other Favorite couple:




Ellen DeGeneres in a Gucci suit & Portia de Rossi in a Azzaro gown
I love both of their outfits. Many didn't like Ellen's necklace but it doesn't bother me. I adored Portia's dress and the necklace embellishment on it. I love the fact that her and Portia wore matching colors. Since both of those colors were dark navy, which was unusual and sophisticated, it worked for me.


The Women's outfits I didn't like:



Becki Newton J. Mendel strapless tulle mermaid gown
The color doesn't work for me. Nor does the material and fluffy tiers. It is just all wrong to me. Maybe in a different color and without the waist peplum I might have liked it better but that is a big IF.




Hayden Panettiere in Marc Bouwer gown
Do I really have to say anything about why I don't like this? OK if I must. The color is not good for her but the part I really don't like is it is too big for her. Too much volume in the skirt. It swallows her up and makes her look pregnant. Did they need to save the cheerleader for another reason other than the world?;)...



Julia Louis-Dreyfus in Narciso Rodriguez gown
I like Narciso Rodriguez usually but I just don't love this color. It just doesn't work for me. I like the cut of the dress so maybe if it were in a different color.



Jenna Fischer in Zuhair Murad dress
OK the excuse for this dress was that she hurt her back and needed to be comfortable. I hurt my back and I understand having to be comfortable but I wouldn't have worn this dress. The bow is awful as is the tan color with abstract splashes of gold. It doesn't work for me.



Patricia Heaton
I don't like the color or the cut of the dress. And I don't like her dark nail polish with it. The only thing I kind of like are her earrings. I would have kept those and started the outfit from scratch.



Aida Turturro
This just looks like a bad prom or going to a wedding dress. It just doesn't work for me at ALL. And don't get me started on her hair....Ughhhhh


Gentleman's outfits I didn't like:

I have to admit this is probably no suprise and not original. I think we all agreed on this:



Terry O'Quinn
Hot Pink and a glittery tie.....Just WRONG!! Don't these people have stylists they pay too much money to?


And here is a poll where you can register your favs and not so fav.

Polls - Emmys 2007 - Celebrities - In Style

No comments: