Thursday, September 20, 2007

Not thinking Swimwear season? You should cause it is sale time!

I know Fall is upon us and everyone is thinking sweaters and boots but you should be thinking swimwear! Why? Because you can get amazing deals now. Not only for summer next year but also in case someone decides to whisk you away for a winter getaway to the sun & sand.

I try to do it every season especially since my Dad moved to Florida so Holidays are spent by the pool ;). But unlike a few years ago I don't look good in bikinis so I've been opting for tankinis which can hide a multitude of figure flaws (which maybe in my head but that is a whole nother blog...LOL).

So this year I decided to look into one pieces but not the frumpy kind your Mother use to wear. I've been on a retro kick of late so I was looking more for bathing suits your Grandmother might have worn in the 50s or 40s. I found a few I liked:

Nordstrom.com:

Juicy Couture Beach Halter One Piece
Was $155.00
Now: 92.90




Bloomingdales.com

Juicy Couture Beach Skirted Maillot
Was $164.00
Now $114.80


Carmen Marc Valvo Draped Tankini
Now: $99.99



Carmen Marc Valvo Draped Swimsuit

Was $150.00
Now $90.00



Carmen Marc Valvo Twisted Bandeau
Was 158.00
Now 94.80




I tried them all on and decided on the last one by Carmen Marc Valvo for $94.80. I look HOT if I do say so myself and reminiscent of a 40s/50s pin-up girl which was the look I was going for.

No comments: