Friday, September 21, 2007

Skinny Actresses at the Emmys 2007 and beyond

As a follow up to the Emmys 2007 blog I worte the other day I begun to think about some of the pictures I saw and some of the Actresses. Many of them are too darn skinny. So skinny they make normal size women look BIG. The statistics indicate that 40 percent of the women in this country are size 14 or larger (from Cotton Inc 5/1997). Another report from Research group TC has the average American woman at a size 10-12. Granted you may think Americans are too fat but here are some of the latest average stats for women that I could find:

Average Size of Women From WonderQuest

Country     Weight       Height        Yr of Data
USA               155 lbs          5' 4"             2003*
UK                 147 lbs         5' 3.8"           2006? 
Canada         153 lbs        5' 3.4"             2005


*This info is from the Research Group TC as reported on MSNBC. We Americans have gained 20 lbs in the past 40 yrs. Damn we need to lay off the Burgers and Donuts

So if TV is trying to reflect the US/UK and Canadian public They aren't doing a good job. I know I know they are giving us a fantasy but does the fantasy have to be sooo far from reality.

Maybe my guy friends are biased but I have yet to find one of them who thought the below skinny actresses are as attractive as as if they had more weight on. Look at some of the Emmys 2007 Actress who I thought looked too skinny:

Ellen Pompeo



Felicity Huffman whose dress was pretty but you could see her chest bones where her cleavage should have been. Eat something at the pizzeria Lynette....sheeesh
I wasn't the only one who noticed it several of the celebrity blogs talked about it as did: Scandalous Candice



Mary-Louise Parker



Terri Hatcher at the Emmys 2007 was not so bad:



But earlier this year at the Screen Actors Guild awards she looked too skinny to me:




Now compare if you look at the above ladies next to the below Ladies from the same nite you would think the below ladies look HUGE but really they are average. I think this is more what America looks like:

Sara Ramirez




Chandra Wilson





America Ferrera




What do you guys think?



No comments: