Friday, September 14, 2007

My latest Sephora buy and the reviews that back them up

OK. So you all know I''m an "Oholic"* That is anything that can be over done but not be harmful. In my case that is a shopoholic altho I do dabble in the chocoholic realm quite often.

So I had a doctor's appointment two weeks ago and went shopping afterwards. Not that I need a reason as you know but since that was a yearly cancer checkup I gave myself a pass when it came to feeling bad about the bill. The yearly trip makes me apprehensive so I stopped into Sephora because when you look good on the outside you feel good in the inside.

I walk into the cool interior of the Sephora store Uptown and stared glassy eyed at the multitude of products facing me. What to try first?....... Well I thought let me start with the problem that so annoyed me that morning. I am 40 something and I have adult acne. WTH is that about?!? I mean I had it as a teenager do I really have to go thru it again. Sheeesh.

So I asked one of the lovely Sephora sales people to help me. She referred me to a nice guy named Carlos. I told him my issues. I get breakouts on my forehead, which I'm thinking is from my hair products, and on my lower chin and side of my face, which I'm sure is from talking on the phone. So short of going au natural with my hair and stopping all phone communications what can I do? He showed me

DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask


DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask™ is a therapeutic mask combining the
anti-inflammatory properties of Sulfur and Eucalyptus with purified
clays. Absorbs oil, minimizes pores, helps prevent and heal blemishes.
Used as a weekly mask or overnight spot treatment. Excellent for chest
and back as well as face.

I had never heard about it but I was desperate to get rid of these breakouts so I threw it in my basket which was soon to overflow with a multitude of products.

What I didn't know was that it had some good reviews by some others:

About.com's Top Picks - Top Medicated Acne Masks

COSMOPOLITAN THE NEW GORGEOUS SKIN STRATEGY


It has been amazing. My acne is better and so is my oiliness. I may have to try the DDF BP Gell as well:

About.com's Top Picks - Top Medicated Acne Creams/Gels

Stay tuned for reviews on the rest of the things I bought like:

  • THEBALM TIMEBALM CONCEALER
  • Fiberwig Mascara
  • Benefits brow zings
  • Cargo lip gloss
  • Bare Minerals Make Up


    *Please note that this is a fun blog and my own personal definition. By trivializing Oholic I don't mean to infer that Oholics such as alchoholics sexoholics or shopoholics are funny. They are serious issues that does harm to people and themselves.
    I am here just trying to delude myself that my actions hurt no one but myself. They enrich the credit card company and the stores I frequent so at least someone is happy.
    Peace Out
  • No comments: