Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oscar 2008 - Part 3 Hair The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

If you go by the hair trends shown at the 80th Oscars, I'd say a revival of the hairdos of 1940s & 50s is coming. Curls are in. We've moved away, almost in totality, from straight hair. Curls either in a chin/neck bob length or a side parted longer wavy Veronica Lake look were all the rage. These hair styles are the ones that caught my eye.

As I did with dresses, I breakdown my views on which hairdos I thought were good and which were bad and ugly.

Good

I adored Katherine Heigl, Keisha Whitaker, Julie Christi and Adams' hair. I’ve always been a fan of the look from the 40s and 50s and I think these styles look fresh.





Updos


Updos that have all the hairs in place or with hairs all over the place were a nice as well. I felt Heidi Klum's updo was stunning. While Jennifer Gardner's updo with loose pieces framing her face was beautiful in a more casual way then Heidi.





Hair Accessory

I thought Kristin Chenoweth hair accessory was attractive. As a woman with a lot of hair, I'm always looking for eye-catching hair accessories.



Hair Color

Ruby Dee’s Oscar look proved L’Oreal wrong. You don’t need all over hair color to look your best. I found her hair stunning. She proves that an older dog can teach a younger dog new tricks ;) When I go greyer, I'm totally gonna try this look.





Bad


I Hated Calista Flockhart's hair even Harrison Ford (her date) was looking at her hair with a face that said "WTH!"....LOL

No comments: