Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Oscar 2008 - Part 4 Makeup The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The makeup trends at the Oscars this year were mostly of two different kinds if you ask me. There were lots of heavily lined eyes and red lips but not together. There were pale lips if any lips at all (Yes Tilda I’m talking about you). Here are my views of the good and the bad.

Good



Overall Beautiful Makeup

As I've said in previous blogs I've said, I just adored Keisha Whitaker whole look. I loved her makeup her hair and her dress.




Heavily Lined Eyes with Nude Lips


Heidi Klum, Jennifer Gardner and Kristin Chenoweth all had heavily lined eyes with nude lips which I think were my favorite of the looks. Heidi is like Keisha at this award show to me. I adored her whole look, hair, makeup and dress.




Red Lips

Cody Diablo, Vanessa Paradis and Anne Hathway all rocked the red lip look. It was the main focus of their makeup look with all other features being muted. Although I'm brown skinned I never like red lipstick on myself (and believe me I've tried MANY shades and brands). So when I find a woman who pulls off the red lipstick look I'm a bit green with envy.




Bad


Red Lips

I liked Katherine's dress and her hair but her makeup ruined the whole look for me. I get that the strong lights wash a person out so many actors have to apply more makeup than they normally do. But Katherine Heigl has too much blush on and her lipstick looks so matt that it reads dry to me. I just want to put on a little gloss or maybe some chapstick.



No Makeup

In the no makeup look is only one woman Tilda Swinton. Could you just pick up a lip gloss or some blush Tilda! She looked like the walking dead bat woman……ugggghly. Sorry to rag on the woman. I saw the movie Michael Clayton and I liked it. I thought she did a great job in the role but as for her look on the red carpet I'd have to give it an F-.

No comments: