Friday, March 21, 2008

India Fashion Week Highlights - March 2008

India had a Fashion Week. How out of it am I? I had no idea they had a fashion week as well. I know I should get my head outta the sand or my eyes off of CNN and see what the rest of the world is up to. So here is my chance and maybe yours to look at some of the clothes. I thought some of the outfits were interesting. Then again some were typical of the Indian style ie the sari (the draping and the silhouette), sequins, lots of gold jewelry. What I did like about the Indian style is there use of color. Bold vibrant color. It makes the clothes look alive and inviting. Here are some that I liked:

I just like the Orange Jacket on the right in this picture:



India Fashion Week ... pieces from the collections of Nitin Bal Chauhan and Prashant Verma. Photo:Reuters

I REALLY like this dress.



India Fashion Week ... Prashant Verma's collection. Photo: Reuters


I like the one on the right in the back that looks like it was made put
of gum wrappers. Designed in the way we use to make bracelets or
picture frames for out family while at summer camp. Anyone else but me
do that?



India Fashion Week ... Rohit Bal's collection. Photo: AFP

I like the mutli layers sleeves on the dress on the left. It reminds me of layers and layers of colored tissue paper that were cut to make decorations, like a flower.
I also like the Multi color pattern on the dress on the right. Bright colors mixed with earth tones. The pattern reminds me of those optical illusion pictures that draw you in and start to make you cross eyed.


India Fashion Week ... pieces from the collections of Rohit Bal and Prashant Verma. Photo: Reuters


The dress to the right was reminiscent of Marion Cotillard's Gaultier dress at the 2008 Oscars. Mermaid/fish scale look. Don't you think?



India Fashion Week ... Rohit Bal's collection. Photo: AFP


Here are some more links to other sites that reviewed India Fashion Week:

Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Autumn-Winter '08

Hindustan Times

Take a look and let me know what do you thought of the fashions of India?

No comments: