Sunday, March 23, 2008

India Fashion Week Highlights - March 2008 - Part 3


ROHIT BAL - Fashion Week Photos | Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week 2008 - Yahoo! India
ROHIT BAL Rohit Bal's latest collection has been inspired by the tradition of wearing the eight metals together. 'Ashta Dhatu' as it's rightly is complete with metallic hues like Gold, Metallic copper, Silver, Iron and lead. The silhouettes were kept very contemporary and international. The look of the collection is very dramatic and is very wearable. Bal created quite a stir in the last Fashion week with his collection 'Siyahi' and of course bringing the designers on the ramp. Some elements from the previous collections have also been incorporated to show a unique fusion.
I thought Rohit Bal designs were the most Theatrical. It seemed he was more into the Show. The Drama.

He showed some hoop skirt that were done in a totally different way. They sure weren't wearing it this way in the 19th century...LOL



The skirt below looks like it is made out of gum wrappers. You know how we use to make bracelets out of gum wrappers at camp. Am I the only one who did that? I really like the look of it. The texture it gives it.



I like this jacket although I wish there was a closer look at it. I think the jacket and the skirt, although very different, seem to work juxtaposed next to one another. And as I said in an earlier blog about India Fashion week, the mutli layers, in this instance in the skirt, remind me of
layers and layers of colored tissue paper that were cut to make
decorations, like a flower.




Reminds me of the dress Christian created on Project Runway for the Hersey challange. Don't you think so?



Another dress that reminds me of Christian. This one reminds me slightly of the Dress Christian made for that HIgh School girl in the Prom Dress challange except I like this dress more.



I love the skirt part of this dress. The copper swirls are just fabulous.



I like the sari part of the dress but not the shirt that goes with it. I would have preferred a light shimmering rose shirt, the color of the roses on the sari, to go with it.







VIKRAM PHADNIS - Fashion Week Photos | Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week 2008 - Yahoo! India
VIKRAM PHADNIS The first day first show of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion week saw designs from Vikram Phadnis. The designs were very contemporary graced with a mix of vibrant blues browns. Dull orange and pastel green were also a fresh change. Phadnis is a popular bollywood designer and is has adorned many big names of the glamour industry.


It seems Vikram Phadnis was the theatrical headdress designer of India Fashion Week. The headress that he seemed to use throughout the show reminded me of a black metal version of Betty Rubble's hairdo from The Flintstones.....Anyone else agree with me? Or do you have a better description?

I love this shirt/jacket. The pleating. The cinched in waist. I also like the skirt but not as much as the jacket.



I like this dress. But I especially love the inverted pleats and the bold color that peeks out from them.







GAURI & NAINIKA - Fashion Week Photos | Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week 2008 - Yahoo! India
GAURI & NAINIKA Gauri & Nainika offered us a look inspired by the chic that could be found in Paris after the WWII when the Grand Couturiers made women's dreams come true again. The collection comprised essentially feminine dresses in body curve enhancing dramatic silhouettes. The designers showed slim-fitted pencil cocktail dresses and flowing evening gowns with eclectic folds, subtle drapes and sensual layering of fabrics.The waist was generally narrow and contrasted charmingly with the wide flowing, sometimes even trailing-behind skirts. A colour palette which would have been loved by Grace Kelly contained blushed pinks, acid greens, blood reds and classic blacks.
Dresses seem to be GAURI & NAINIKA's specialty for this show.

Modern 21st century dress

The two dresses below are interpretations of a dress I could see Audrey Hepburn or Grace Kelly wearing were they alive in the 21st century.







The three dresses below all use the similar pattern and sheer netting material to give us versions of party dresses. Two cocktail dresses and one evening gown.







Which one of the India Fashion Week March 2008 designers or looks was your favorite?

No comments: