Tuesday, March 11, 2008

You can get Charlize Theron's dress for just over a $1,000!!

Ackkk I was just watching the rerun of Oprah cause I missed it earlier today. It was a show about giving and charity (something I think I (we) should all do more often). Charlize Theron was on to talk about a outreach program in her home country of South Africa that she is funding. To help support it she is auctioning off the 1st dress she ever wore to the Cannes Film Festival on eBay. Thinking that this show was recorded at least 12 hrs ago I figured the price of the dress would be in the thousands but much to my SURPRISE the dress was at $1,075 with more that 2 days to go!! WTH is that about. Come on all you fashionista's bid on the dress! You'll get to own a beautiful made dress as well as get a fashion statement (the designer made Carolyn Bessette-Kennedy's wedding dress) and help some kids out. Here are the details:

Want to make a difference in a child's life? To help raise funds for the children of Africa, Charlize is auctioning of one of her gowns on eBay. Proceeds will go to the Entertainment Industry Foundation benefiting the Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project.

The one-of-a-kind, ivory couture dress was designed by Narciso Rodriguez exclusively for Charlize. "This is a very special dress," she says. "This is the first time I ever went to the Cannes Film Festival."

If you would like to bid on Charlize's gown, go to eBay.com.






Come on I know your tax return is coming ;)

No comments: