Monday, March 17, 2008

Target's designers Jovovich-Hawk need to GO!!

I've loved many of the designers and lines Target has gotton for their Go International collection. I think it is a much needed category and it injects much needed items into our Fashion industry. I own a Proenza Schouler Corset tank top, a Patrick Robinson white eyelet dress and two Erin Fetherston jackets. I adore all of the items and constantly get compliments on them. But I gotta say that Target's latest designers Jovovich-Hawk just doesn't do it for me.

I've tried to like their line for Target but it still has not grown on me. I think that is because their items look cheap and not special to me. Whereas many of the other Go designers for Target's lines were cheap but didn't look it and many of them looked very special as though they could have stepped off of the designers high priced label runways. While I liked some of the prints Jovovich-Hawk used, I didn't like the silhouettes they choose.

Here is an example of an eyelet fabric I loved when Patrick Robinson used it awhile ago but I don't like the jacket they designed with it. I do think the sleeve design is right on trend but that is it.





Here is an example of some prints that I thought were cute for Spring but I don't like the dress or the top they used them in:



Here is an example of a fabric and silhouette I don't like. I think this looks cheap and I wouldn't think this had a designer behind it. More like I could find this at $10 store. Look at it next to the Proenza Schouler Corset tank top. One looks like a designer item and the other doesn't:





What do you think?







No comments: